The value of a CAI membership continues to become invaluable. The level of services and expertise you receive is second to none!
The Bay Area & Central Chapter offers the following benefits to all members, whether you are an individual homeowner, a community manager, or a professional selling to and servicing the industry.
Structure = Leadership
The National network of CAI members is growing daily! There are more than 17,000 individuals and organizations that belong to CAI, all providing opportunities to network and exchange ideas and information.
The Bay Area & Central Chapter’s membership of nearly 700 members is comprised of community members, managers and professional service members.
Leadership development on a local, regional and national level is a direct result of CAI’s success. Development and instruction is emphasized at orientation programs, Board Training, speaker training, the Annual Conference & Expo as well as within the council and committee structure.
Resources = Education
One of the most valuable benefits of membership is a monthly subscription to our magazine, the Chapter’s most educational resource, dedicated to providing quality, expert articles and information about the daily operations and issues community association managers and volunteers face. Our magazine has a circulation of 3,500 and a readership of 12,000. Subscriptions are available.
In addition, each member receives Common Ground, CAI National’s award winning, bi-monthly magazine, which presents expert information and a national perspective on association topics and issues.
The Membership Directory is a benefit used on a daily basis by many of our members. A complete listing of all members is accompanied by a preface of the chapter’s mission and goals, pertinent Chapter and industry information.
A progressive communication tool, www.caibaycen.com is the Chapter’s web site, which supplies industry related news, upcoming events, and jurisdictional legislative information. CAI National’s web site, http://www.caionline.org/ also provides an opportunity to link up and communicate with other community association’s pages and members nationwide.
Federal, state, and local legislative incentives are driven by five National and Chapter legislative committees. Their activities are devoted to lobbying legal agendas in the community association forum in our area. Member involvement has been key in achieving legislative successes and is strongly encouraged. The Annual Legal Update reviews current legislative issues and law changes, and legislative updates appear regularly in our magazine.
CAI Administers nationally recognized designation programs, which recognize those professionals in the community association industry who have met required levels of experience and education.
The Annual Conference & Expo, is an all-day educational opportunity to gain knowedge and experience related to both common and difficult problems encountered while managing or volunteering with your community. The accompanying trade show provides a venue to find out what new and innovative products/services are available to the association industry. This is an event you don’t want to miss!
Professional Network Available for Your Association
- A valuable network of associations and professionals can provide you with cutting edge information and resources to assist you and your Board in effectively running your association.
- Low-cost advertising space available in the Chapter Directory & The CommunicatorTM magazine which has a circulation of 700+ and a readership of 2500
- Gain exposure by writing industry-related articles for submission into our magazine
- Chapter web site with up to the minute information and interactive opportunities.
- Free information and referral services for problem solving and difficult questions.
- Leadership Development, Board training and orientation programs
- More than 25 years of reference publications and GAP Reports available for purchase or preview in the Chapter’s library.
- Sponsorship packages for all size business or associations, designed to assist you in maximizing your valuable marketing dollars.